Monday, April 24, 2017
“XANADU 2.0” IS AWESOME
· Costing $60MM, it took seven years to build; Bill Gates also bought several surrounding houses for about $14.4MM. The home has 24 bathrooms. Annual property tax is over $1MM.
· Pool measures 60’x17’ and has a fossil-motif floor and underwater music system. Locker room has 4 showers and 2 baths. Dive into the pool and you can come up by an outdoor terrace, going under a glass wall. Fitness gym is 2500 sq ft; trampoline room has 20’ ceiling. There is an elevator, but if you are into fitness, set your fitbit and head up or down the 84 steps from the entrance to the ground floor.
· 1000 sq ft dining room seats 24. 150 people can be fed dinner or 200 can be at a cocktail party in the 2300 sq ft reception hall. Guests receive a pin that interacts with room sensors and can change to your preference the temperature, music and lighting. This was built in 1995.
· Guest house has 1 bedroom, 1 bath and is 1900 sq ft.
· The grounds include an artificial stream and wetland estuary stocked with salmon and sea-run cutthroat trout. The sand on the lake bank is imported from warmer sandier climates, perhaps Hawaii.
Posted by Marilyn Farber Jacobs at Monday, April 24, 2017