Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Things are looking up as this thorny appraisal vs.comparables problem is faced at last. Among the issues being discussed jointly by the NAR (National Association of Realtors), NAHB (National Association of Builders), MBA (Mortgage Bankers Association and appraisal groups are:
· Appraisers not using proper adjustments on comps (comparables) on foreclosed or other distressed properties
· The HVCC (Home Valuation Code of Conduct) impacting the ability to get quality appraisals in distressed markets
· Some appraisers for comps in area they are not familiar with and that impacts the appraisals, driving down home values
· Urging federal regulators to adopt and enforce more clear regulatory guidance on appraisals for distressed and foreclosed properties for realistic valuations and truly comparable sales
· Calling for immediate action to address these appraisal-related claims
· Sometimes appraisers do a “drive by,” only looking at the exteriors of homes as they do not have access, and distressed properties often have apparent problems inside as compared to new, updated, and “market-ready” homes.
Okay government, let’s get this fixed. It IS BROKE.
Friday, September 18, 2009
SHORT SALE GUIDE, ISSUES, PITFALLS AND MORE
Keep in mind: Marilyn's team includes CDPE Graduates (CERTIFIED DISTRESSED PROPERTY EXPERTS) and if you know someone who could use help, please let us know who they are, or suggest they call us. We will do the best that we can to be of help. Call Marilyn at 561-988-0070 for more information.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
JOINT COMMISSION FOR PRIMARY STROKE CENTERS GIVES BOCA RATON COMMUNITY HOSPITAL GOLD SEAL OF APPROVAL
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
The 4th Tuesday of every month an event is held with nearly 250 attendees getting networking opportunities. In August the event was held at the Boca Resort Hotel. Your editor attended with friend John Allison, and we had a wonderful time mingling, dancing and... YES!… sampling the delicious foods and wines. The event was called WINE & ALL THAT JAZZ… AND MORE… 2009. Along with lots of people, great food, lots of new hellos, it was a night of wonderful wine from Southern Wine & Spirits of South Florida and fabulous food from Bogart's Bar & Grille, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Saba Asian Dining and Sushi Bar, The Addison Boca Raton, The Capital Grille, Truluck's, and ZED 451. YUM. Belly dancers performed and worked their way through the crowd – one gave Marilyn a lesson… hey! That is great exercise! There is a fee to attend. The Boca Resort Hotel just opened a new huge room – turn right when you enter the main doors and go to the end. It is filled with dark blue banquette lounge seats, and there was a “Neil Diamond-type” singer. $15 buys you 2 drinks and a comfortable seat. Nice place to while away the hours. Every seat was taken! Drop by and enjoy!