EVERY WEDNESDAY, July 10-August 28.
Screenings are at 6 and 8:30 p.m. Cash bar and snacks available.
Delray Beach Center for the Arts announces this new series in the Crest Theatre. ART CINEMA AT THE CREST will offer a variety of films on eight consecutive Wednesdays.
Caroline Breder-Watts, midday host for 91.3 WLRN and host of "Cinematically Speaking" on Arts Radio Network, will host each 8:30 pm screening - providing an introduction and leading a post-screening talkback session.
Tickets $8 -- Purchase by phone through the Box Office at 561-243-7922, ext. 1; at the door; or online.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR ONLINE PURCHASERS! When you purchase your ticket online, you will pay a $2 internet fee, BUT don't let that stop you! We will ease the pain of that fee with a coupon for $2 OFF A GLASS OF WINE OR A BEER on movie night! To receive the coupon, you must print your ticket at home (the coupon will print with the ticket). Bring everything to the Crest Theatre on movie night. This offer is for online purchases ONLY.
Listen to our film series interview with Caroline Breder-Watts and Brian Ridolfo at ArtsRadioNetwork.com
Movie titles are subject to change without notice.
Art Cinema at the Crest
- "Casablanca"July 10, 2013Wednesday, 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Crest Theatre; tickets $8. 1942 classic romance/drama starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. Set in unoccupied Africa during the early days of World War II, an American expatriate meets a former lover, with unforeseen complications. Cash bar available.
- "The Big Lebowski"July 17, 2013Wednesday, 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Crest Theatre, tickets $8. 1998 comedy starring Jeff Bridges and John Goodman. "Dude" Lebowski, mistaken for a millionaire Lebowski, seeks restitution for his ruined rug and enlists his bowling buddies to help get it. Cash bar available.
- "Anna Karenina"July 24, 2013Wednesday, 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Crest Theatre, tickets $8. 2012 drama starring Matthew Macfadyen, Keira Knightley and Jude Law. Set in late-19th-century Russia high-society, the aristocrat Anna Karenina enters into a life-changing affair with the affluent Count Vronsky. Cash bar available.
- "Price Check"July 31, 2013Wednesday, 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Crest Theatre, tickets $8. 2012 comedy/drama starring Parker Posey, Eric Mabius and Annie Parisse. Peter, a family man who works for a failing supermarket chain finds his life shaken up by his new boss, Susan, who starts to groom him for an executive position.…
- "Sound City"August 7, 2013Wednesday, 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Crest Theatre, tickets $8. 2013 documentary starring Vinny Appice, Mick Fleetwood and Tom Petty. A documentary on the fabled recording studio that was located in Van Nuys, California. Cash bar available.
- QuartetAugust 14, 2013Wednesday, 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Crest Theatre, tickets $8. 2012 comedy/drama starring Maggie Smith, Tom Courtenay and Billy Connolly (rated PG-13). At a home for retired musicians, the annual concert to celebrate Verdi's birthday is disrupted by the arrival of Jean, an eternal diva and the former wife of…
- "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"August 21, 2013Wednesday, 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Crest Theatre, tickets $8. 2012 drama starring Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and Ezra Miller. An introvert freshman is taken under the wings of two seniors who welcome him to the real world. Cash bar available.
- "If I Were You"August 28, 2013